Delicious Cacio e Pepe Recipe!
Pasta is the poster child for home-cooked meals. It fills you up, it's inexpensive, there's a hundred ways to make it, and it's never not delicious! Today I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes that has a 100% success rate with the family. And the best part: it only takes 20 minutes! I mean, seriously. Without further ado, here is my recipe for cacio e pepe!
Yield: 4 Servings
What you'll need:
12 ounces of thick-cut dry pasta
30 turns of freshly ground cracked pepper on coarsest setting, plus more for serving
1/3 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese, plus more for serving
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
How to make it:
1. In a pan that's just wide enough to hold the pasta, pour in enough water toil the pan 1 inch from the bottom. Season water with pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2. Spread pasta in the pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
Tip: Let the pasta water reduce! Do not add more because you want as little starchy water as possible when adding the remaining ingredients.
3. Meanwhile, add the coarse black pepper to separate small pan over medium heat. Toast for a couple minutes until fragrant.
4. Once pasta is al-dente and pasta water has reduced so there is only a slight coating at the bottom, turn off the heat and add the pepper and cheese. Stir and toss vigorously until ingredients are well mixed into the pasta.
5. Add olive oil and season with salt as needed.
6. Transfer pasta to large bowl and garnish with more pepper, cheese, and olive oil.
And voilà! A quick, delicious, and filling dinner is served. Remember to tag me on Instagram @mrsjillzarin if you recreate this dish! More recipes on the way. Thanks so much for tuning in, scroll up and follow my socials to stay updated on my next posts! Bon Appétit!
Instagram: @mrsjillzarin @jillzarinhome @bossizarin